Perhaps it is because of the type of people attracted by my main blogging topic, gardening, or perhaps I am just lucky, but my blog followers are a really special bunch who uniformly have great passion to share for their subject matter. While I was busy with designing and installing gardens for clients in the last couple of months, others were actively sharing their enthusiasm for life.
One such blogger is Grace, otherwise known as Czech the Flip, an interesting and well-travelled young mom who brings a consistently upbeat and positive perspective to everything she shares. I visit her blog often, and it inspires me to look at the world in new ways and keep in touch with the magic of being a young parent (in spite of the fact it’s a while now since I was one).
While I wasn’t paying attention, Grace awarded me the “One Lovely Blog Award”. As part of accepting this award, a blogger has to tell seven facts about him/herself, which was interesting fun, as you don’t necessarily find out the random interesting personal things about a blogger when reading his or her posts, so it was fun to read Grace’s seven facts and get to know her a little better!
Here are the rules for receiving this Award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
- Resume blogging your regular posts.
Without further ado, here are my seven facts:
1. My first all-consuming love in life as a child was horses.
2. I grew up in the spectacularly beautiful little resource community of Lake Cowichan, on Vancouver Island.
3. I am fashion-crazy. I think about it all the time. Can’t help it. Afraid it’s genetic.
4. I moved across Canada to Toronto in 1986.
5. This is something that I always try to remember:
“Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.”
6. As a child, I thought I’d grow up to be a horse riding instructor.
7. I am a magazine junkie.
And now for fifteen (What? Grace? Fifteen?!!) lovely blogs. Well, there are many lovely blogs out there but some of them have already received this award. Here are some of the many lovely blogs that I love to visit, that I highly recommend:
because I love good writing for its sake, http://cristianmihai.net/
health inspiration: http://ljayhealth.wordpress.com/
and one day I hope I’ll be good at indoor gardening: http://stayathomescientist.com/
photography inspiration: http://ekphotoartgallery.wordpress.com/
I’d love to hear which ones you also enjoy, so please let me know.